Saturday, July 17, 2010

I have a thing for... things.

Every once in a while, if I'm holding a camera, I'll feel a sudden urgency to take a picture of whatever it is that I'm looking at. Anything.

Most commonly it will be my feet/foot, but it could also be my hand, my bag,the computer screen, my guitar, a pencil, an apple, an empty glass (or even a full one, if I'm feeling wild enough), a wristwatch, a flower, a door, or a lemon:



Of course, this means a lot of fun for me, having an unlimited source of things-to-take-pictures-to. I mean... Nothing good on the TV and incidentally with my camera nearby? Yay! Now the boring actor on the boring movie on the boring channel is part of my non-boring memory stick.

That's what I think, at least.

Because then someone asks to borrow my camera all excited to see if I'm gonna be the next I-don't-know-any-famous-photographer and starts smiling profusely but as the next button gets more and more (ab)used the happy face turns into what my face would've been while looking at the boring actor on the boring movie on the boring channel.

And then the person politely gives me back my camera (not saying anything) and I have to say "Yeah, I know it's kinda boring... I like taking weird pictures". And they don't say much because they know it's right.

Maybe I should just take pictures to pictures of Robert Pattinson or Justin Bieber, and then everyone would be so happy. But, really, it just can't be possible that I'm the only person on earth to like those kind of photos!

At least to laugh for a while at the oh so blurry lemon.


(P.S.: Rolf Aamot. First on the Wikipedia's list of famous photographers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment