Friday, July 23, 2010

And then I was happy

Today, I woke up really, really late. About 03.30 pm, I would say. (You know? It took me about a minute staring at the screen to decide wether I should say that or not because I feel kind of ashamed of admitting that. Kind of.)

I had a lot of things to do, and they had to be done before 5 o'clock, when I would have to leave the house and go to my math class. (I'll explain something about that later, if I remember to.) Actually I didn't have that many things to do, but they had to be done... Like, having lunch and showering and feeding my cats and cleaning up a bit.

So I did all these things pretty fast but ended up being late anyway. I wasn't happy at all. It was raining, too, and I was YAY! cold, and I didn't wat to do anything because I'm too lazy to think in days like this, and the computer was on in front of me and my guitar looked like such a sexy option, and, and... I was mad because I had to go and solve math problems. I left the house even angrier, after finding out that my music player was out of battery, meaning I wouldn't be able to listen to something to cheer myself up a bit.

But then the clouds parted and sunshine came across and it all looked pretty again; my music player suddenly became alive and candy started to fall from the sky.



Well, not exactly, but almost. At least it felt like that.

As I was leaving the subway, about two or three blocks from the place I was going to have my class, I saw a couple. I feel like I should say now that I don't think of myself as a romantic person—I don't cry with a lot of movies and chick flicks are definitely not my favorites. It's like I can't feel too impressed with them because most of them are full of clichés and lines that normal people just won't say, and it's too full of hormones and... Bleh. Not for me.

But today it was different. The couple was just standing there, holding hands and looking at each other. I actually couldn't tell if one of them was a boy or a girl because of their clothes, but that's not the point. Lesbian couple, heterosexual couple, doesn't change the fact that the scene I was looking at was the definition of affection.

I didn't want to stare, you know, so I kept walking with a smile on my face. I climbed up the stairs to finally get to the street, and as I turned around I looked briefly to them again. It doesn't make much sense to start talking about how they were kissing, which would be kind of creepy, actually, so I'm just going to say that if you could grab the whole concept of tenderness and turn it into a kiss, that kiss would be the one I saw today.

That completely made my day. I got to actually enjoy maths.

(This actually makes me wonder if maybe I'm becoming one of those people that go "AAAWWW" every time they hear/see anything romantic. I really hope I don't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment